Univ exam centre raided; staff found helping students cheat
Faizabad: An examination centre of Faizabad
University in Sultanpur district was raided and the college
management and staff were caught allegedly aiding students in
cheating, an official source said on Saturday.
Talking to a news agency on condition of anonymity, a Professor of
Faizabad Avadh University said during an exam held last week,
the teachers were dictating the answers to the examinees and
also writing them on black boards in five class rooms.
The University officials who raided the examination
centre have submitted a detailed report regarding the mass
copying there along with confession letters acquired from the
management of the centre.
"But even after a week of the incident of mass copying
reported to the University administration, no action has been
taken against the college (where the examination was
conducted)," the Professor said.
"The University administration has hidden the whole issue
and given safe passage to the college as no action has been
initiated against the centre superintendent, principal of the
college or management till now," the source added.
When contacted, Vice Chancellor of Faizabad Avadh
University Professor PK Sinha said that he learnt about the
incident just a day before.
"I have referred this issue to the examination committee
which will be meeting on Tuesday and the committee will take a
decision on it," he said.
On being asked why the University has taken no action if
the issue was reported a week back, Sinha abstained from
divuling any information.
"I have no answer to this question," the vice chancellor
The final examinations of Faizabad Avadh University are
being held in 302 colleges of eastern Uttar Pradesh which have
been made examination centres by the University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore