University, college teachers go on mass leave
Lucknow: Teaching work was disrupted in
state universities and colleges across Uttar Pradesh as
18,000 teachers went on mass casual leave demanding payment of
"Teachers across the state are staging a demonstration
in their respective districts since morning, after which
Federation of UP University College Teachers Association
(FUPUCTA) plans to take out a procession on December 14,"
Lucknow University Affiliated Colleges Teachers Association
(LUACTA) Maulendu Mishra said here.
The university and degree college teachers are demanding
arrears for the period between January 1, 2006 to November
2008 after implementation of the sixth pay commission.
"We want that like state employees, arrears to teachers
should be made in this period," he added.
"In Lucknow, members of the teachers association
converged at the university headquarters to register their
protest," Maulendu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof