University, college teachers go on mass leave
Lucknow: Teaching work was disrupted in
state universities and colleges across Uttar Pradesh as
18,000 teachers went on mass casual leave demanding payment of
"Teachers across the state are staging a demonstration
in their respective districts since morning, after which
Federation of UP University College Teachers Association
(FUPUCTA) plans to take out a procession on December 14,"
Lucknow University Affiliated Colleges Teachers Association
(LUACTA) Maulendu Mishra said here.
The university and degree college teachers are demanding
arrears for the period between January 1, 2006 to November
2008 after implementation of the sixth pay commission.
"We want that like state employees, arrears to teachers
should be made in this period," he added.
"In Lucknow, members of the teachers association
converged at the university headquarters to register their
protest," Maulendu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview