University, college teachers go on mass leave
Lucknow: Teaching work was disrupted in
state universities and colleges across Uttar Pradesh as
18,000 teachers went on mass casual leave demanding payment of
"Teachers across the state are staging a demonstration
in their respective districts since morning, after which
Federation of UP University College Teachers Association
(FUPUCTA) plans to take out a procession on December 14,"
Lucknow University Affiliated Colleges Teachers Association
(LUACTA) Maulendu Mishra said here.
The university and degree college teachers are demanding
arrears for the period between January 1, 2006 to November
2008 after implementation of the sixth pay commission.
"We want that like state employees, arrears to teachers
should be made in this period," he added.
"In Lucknow, members of the teachers association
converged at the university headquarters to register their
protest," Maulendu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!