Unnao gold hunt: Now, seer dreams of another 2500 tonnes of hidden treasure
Zee Media Bureau/Neha Attre
New Delhi: Even as the archaeologists are digging under a 19th century fort in Uttar Pradesh to hunt for the hidden 1,000 tonnes of gold that a seer dreamt of, the saint has come up with yet another claim that even a bigger treasure is buried in the state.
The seer, Shobhan Sarkar, made the claim after he dreamt of a bigger gold treasure of around 2500 tonnes buried in Adampur village in Fatehpur district.
It is being learnt that Sarkar even wrote to the Fatehpur District Magistrate, Abhay Kumar, informing him about his dream.
Day 2: ASI continues hunts for 1000 tonnes of gold in Unnao
The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) continued to dig for the hidden 1,000 tonnes of gold supposed to be buried under the ruins of a 19th century fort on the basis of a seer`s dream.
The hunt for the gold treasure at Unnao started when the seer had a dream in which a king told him about the hidden gold buried under the ruins at the fort of former King Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh in Unnao`s Daudiakala village.
The king along with Rani Laxmi Bai of Jhansi fought the British during the 1857 Mutiny and was overthrown in the process. He went into hiding only to be captured in Varanasi after which he was sent to the gallows.
Union Minister of State for Food Processing Charan Das Mahant met the seer after he learnt about his dream and the excavation work started by ASI and Geological Survey of India (GSI) soon after.
ASI has been camping at the site from the past three days.
Even the descendants of the former king came forward to stake their claim in the gold that the seer dreamt of.
However, the government clarified its stand on the excavation and said that it is working on the basis of evidence and not merely because the seer dreamt of it.
Deputy Director PK Mishra had earlier said that the excavation work to hunt for the hidden gold started on the basis of findings of a GSI report that gold or silver may be hidden in the area.
Meanwhile, Gujarat Chief Minister and Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi, took a dig at the gold hunt on Friday and asked the government to bring back the black money hoarded abroad.
Working on facts, not seer`s dream: Government
Reacting to the news of ASI excavation work based on seer`s dream, the Cultural Ministry on Saturday said that the excavation by Archaeological Survey of India started on the basis of a report by Geological Survey of India and not merely a seer`s dream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India