Unnao gold hunt: Now, seer dreams of another 2500 tonnes of hidden treasure
Zee Media Bureau/Neha Attre
New Delhi: Even as the archaeologists are digging under a 19th century fort in Uttar Pradesh to hunt for the hidden 1,000 tonnes of gold that a seer dreamt of, the saint has come up with yet another claim that even a bigger treasure is buried in the state.
The seer, Shobhan Sarkar, made the claim after he dreamt of a bigger gold treasure of around 2500 tonnes buried in Adampur village in Fatehpur district.
It is being learnt that Sarkar even wrote to the Fatehpur District Magistrate, Abhay Kumar, informing him about his dream.
Day 2: ASI continues hunts for 1000 tonnes of gold in Unnao
The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) continued to dig for the hidden 1,000 tonnes of gold supposed to be buried under the ruins of a 19th century fort on the basis of a seer`s dream.
The hunt for the gold treasure at Unnao started when the seer had a dream in which a king told him about the hidden gold buried under the ruins at the fort of former King Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh in Unnao`s Daudiakala village.
The king along with Rani Laxmi Bai of Jhansi fought the British during the 1857 Mutiny and was overthrown in the process. He went into hiding only to be captured in Varanasi after which he was sent to the gallows.
Union Minister of State for Food Processing Charan Das Mahant met the seer after he learnt about his dream and the excavation work started by ASI and Geological Survey of India (GSI) soon after.
ASI has been camping at the site from the past three days.
Even the descendants of the former king came forward to stake their claim in the gold that the seer dreamt of.
However, the government clarified its stand on the excavation and said that it is working on the basis of evidence and not merely because the seer dreamt of it.
Deputy Director PK Mishra had earlier said that the excavation work to hunt for the hidden gold started on the basis of findings of a GSI report that gold or silver may be hidden in the area.
Meanwhile, Gujarat Chief Minister and Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi, took a dig at the gold hunt on Friday and asked the government to bring back the black money hoarded abroad.
Working on facts, not seer`s dream: Government
Reacting to the news of ASI excavation work based on seer`s dream, the Cultural Ministry on Saturday said that the excavation by Archaeological Survey of India started on the basis of a report by Geological Survey of India and not merely a seer`s dream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'