Unnao gold treasure hunt: Will the sage`s dream come true?
Zee Media Bureau
Unnao: The descendents of Unnao`s erstwhile ruler Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh have staked claim to nearly 1,000 tonnes of gold supposedly buried in the remains of the fort situated in Daundaia Kheda village here.
The claim was made by the members of the royal family days after a saint, Shobhan Sarkar, dreamt that 1,000 tonnes of gold was buried under the dilapidated palace here.
The locals soon got wind of the revered sage`s dream and this prompted the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) to survey the area.
The ASI has now decided to begin excavation work from October 18.
Sarkar`s follower, Swami Omji claims that Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh, who was martyred during 1857 battle with Britishers, came in the dream of Sarkar and told him to take care of the gold buried in the remains of his fort.
Sarkar reportedly convinced Union Minister Charandas Mahant of his dream, leading to which a team of ASI and Geological Survey of India (GSI) officials surveyed the area.
Mahant, Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries, had visited Sarkar`s ashram here on September 22 and October 7 and assured him of needful action.
The teams of GSI and ASI have already surveyed the area and would start excavation work to find gold treasure from October 18.
District Magistrate Vijay Karan Anand also confirmed the development.
All eyes are now on the ASI, which is set to begin the excavation work soon to verify the sage`s claim of invaluable gold treasure hidden here.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends