Unnao treasure hunt: 25 days on no gold found, ASI says pack up
Zee Media Bureau
Unnao: Almost a month after the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) started digging to find gold inside Raja Rao Ram Baksh Singh fort in Unnao in Uttar Pradesh, the whole exercise came to an end on Monday, as per reports.
Only a formal announcement is to be made on the matter with the ASI stopping the excavation today after it could only find some bangles, broken utensils, bones and some metals at the site, according to reports.
Archaeologists had began digging for a treasure of 1,000 tonnes of gold supposed to be buried under the ruins of a 19th century fort on the basis of a seer`s dream on October 18. The excavation work was carried out at the fort of former king Raja in Daudiakala village by a 12-member team from the ASI. A tight security was maintained around the site of excavation.
The whole exercise was undertaken after seer Shoban Sarkar claimed that the Raja had appeared to him in a dream and told him that 1,000 tonnes of gold lay buried in its ruins. The King was hanged in 1858 after rising up against the Britishers.
ASI officials told reporters that it had began the excavation work on the basis of the findings of a report by GSI. According to the GSI, there could have been gold or silver at the site.
Meanwhile, ASI Director Syed Jamal Hasan earlier told the media that they indulge in excavation work so that centuries old hidden mysteries could be revealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!