Unnao treasure hunt: `If digging is not accelerated gold will disappear`
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
Unnao: Even as digging to unearth 1,000 tonnes of gold, said to be buried beneath a fort in Uttar Pradesh`s Unnao district, continued for the third day on Sunday, the seer who dreamt of the buried treasure was reportedly upset by the slow pace of work being done.
As per reports in a leading daily, the seer, Shobhan Sarkar, left the 19th century fort upset at how the ASI team was carrying on the digging. He also supposedly said that the slow digging by ASI men may make the treasure vanish. Sarkar is the head priest of the temple near the site in Unnao village. As of now he is said to be at his ashram in Shivli Kanpur Dehat.
Baba’s devotee Munna Singh was quoted by the daily as saying, “Bring in the hardware and Baba will give the treasure in less than 10 hours. If the digging is not accelerated the gold will disappear from current location.”
Meanwhile, there was no indication of the treasure yet and the digging was being carried out amidst heavy security. The excavation work is being done at the ruins of Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh`s fort, near Daundia Kheda village, 70 km from Lucknow.
An per an ASI official, as reported in a news agency, they had not found any indications of the presence of the gold or any other metal as of now.
Seer Shobhan Sarkar had a dream about presence of large quantity of gold buried in the area and had approached Union Minister of State for Agriculture Charan Das Mahant, and the PMO, telling them about his dream. Later survey and excavation were undertaken and it was decided that digging should be carried out in the area.
Initial findings had suggested that there was some metal present underneath the earth, due to which the ASI teams decided to go ahead with the digging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror