Unruly scenes in UP Assembly, BSP legislators stage walkout
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Unruly scenes were witnessed in Uttar Pradesh Assembly for the second say on Friday as Bahujan Samajwadi Party legislators staged a walk out protesting against the poor law and order situation in the state.
The Budget session of the UP Assembly got off to a stormy start yesterday with the opposition raising anti-government slogans and staging protests over the situation of law and order in the state, leading to adjournment of both the Houses for the day.
BSP legislators in the upper house also shouted slogans and demanded the resignation of the Akhilesh Yadav government for failing to pay arrears to cane growers, the poor law and order situation and grim power scenario.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued