Unstoppable Beni again targets Mulayam
Gonda: An unstoppable Beni Prasad Verma again targeted Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday when he took a jibe at his friend-turned-foe, saying he would welcome the SP supremo with garlands if he becomes country`s next Prime Minister after the 2014 elections.
"I will welcome him (Mulayam) with garlands if he becomes the Prime Minister after next year`s general elections," Verma said at a function here.
Verma claimed that Congress will win at least 50 out of the 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh in the next polls, and Rahul Gandhi will become the next Prime Minister.
Mulayam has continuously been facing Verma`s ire and Congress`s efforts to tone down the Union minister has failed to bear any fruit.
On July 2, Verma had said that the SP chief was not even fit to sweep the Prime Minister`s residence, drawing reprimand from his own party for making such remarks.
A day later, Verma had threatened to quit Congress if stopped from "fighting" against the Samajwadi Party chief.
The Union Steel Minister also attacked BJP and said the party, after being left with no option, has called a person like Amit Shah from Gujarat for UP, who is an accused in the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case.
Verma said Shah went to Ayodhya and paid obeisance, "praying the god to save him."
He alleged that BJP was projecting Narendra Modi as a great personality, but no one responsible for "killing of thousands of Muslims" can be considered as great.
On BJP`s announcement of installing 200 feet statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Verma questioned why the party was taking the name of Sardar Patel, who banned RSS after Mahatma Gandhi`s assassination and had put even Atal Bihari Vajpayee in jail.
Attacking the SP-led government in Uttar Pradesh, Verma alleged that corruption has risen in the state by leaps and bounds ever since non-Congress governments came to power.
The gravity of the situation can be assessed from the fact that the ministers have to plead before officers to get the works done, Verma claimed.
Verma said a few days back, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had said that Dalits and Muslims should have right over the wealth of the country.
He said that if both the communities get into the mainstream, India can even leave behind USA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre