UP: 12 people injured in clash between groups of farmers
Muzaffarnagar: At least 12 people, including three women, were injured in Shamli district after a clash broke out between farmers of UP and Haryana on the possession of agricultural land on the border, police said on Monday.
Trouble started when farmers from Haryana side allegedly tried to drive away the UP farmers at Kertu village from their agricultural land last evening.
Firearms and stones were used in the clash that ensued. Various houses were also set ablaze and vehicles damaged, police said.
12 people were injured in the incident, they said, adding that security has been tightened in the area to prevent any other untoward event.
Meanwhile, senior officials of both the states would soon hold a meeting to resolve the boundary dispute that has often resulted in clashes in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!