UP: 12 people injured in clash between groups of farmers
Muzaffarnagar: At least 12 people, including three women, were injured in Shamli district after a clash broke out between farmers of UP and Haryana on the possession of agricultural land on the border, police said on Monday.
Trouble started when farmers from Haryana side allegedly tried to drive away the UP farmers at Kertu village from their agricultural land last evening.
Firearms and stones were used in the clash that ensued. Various houses were also set ablaze and vehicles damaged, police said.
12 people were injured in the incident, they said, adding that security has been tightened in the area to prevent any other untoward event.
Meanwhile, senior officials of both the states would soon hold a meeting to resolve the boundary dispute that has often resulted in clashes in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing