UP: 12 people injured in clash between groups of farmers
Muzaffarnagar: At least 12 people, including three women, were injured in Shamli district after a clash broke out between farmers of UP and Haryana on the possession of agricultural land on the border, police said on Monday.
Trouble started when farmers from Haryana side allegedly tried to drive away the UP farmers at Kertu village from their agricultural land last evening.
Firearms and stones were used in the clash that ensued. Various houses were also set ablaze and vehicles damaged, police said.
12 people were injured in the incident, they said, adding that security has been tightened in the area to prevent any other untoward event.
Meanwhile, senior officials of both the states would soon hold a meeting to resolve the boundary dispute that has often resulted in clashes in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list