UP: 12-year-old beaten up for opposing eve-teasing
Muzaffarnagar: A 12-year-old boy was allegedly beaten up when he opposed three youths who were eve-teasing his sister-in-law here.
Police have registered a case against the three unidentified accused after the incident sparked protest.
The incident took place near Lisadh village when Anis Ahmad and his sister-in-law were travelling in a bus.
The three youths, who were sitting in the bus, started passing lewd comments against the woman. When the boy opposed them, he was assaulted by the accused.
Irate locals blocked the road at Ramchal Chowk to protest the incident.
Meanwhile, police have registered a case against a police inspector for allegedly harassing a woman police constable.
SP city Sarvankumar said that a case was registered against Ranvir Tomor with civil line police station and an inquiry is on.
The inspector has been shifted from control room to another place.
The woman constable had accused the inspector of misbehaving with her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!