UP: 14 die as van catches fire
Lucknow: At least fourteen people died in Uttar Pradesh`s Prabudhnagar district when the van they were travelling in caught fire after a gas leak in the vehicle, police said.
The incident took place at Kandhla on the Delhi-Saharanpur highway late Tuesday. The victims were returning from a marriage.
According to eyewitnesses, the driver jumped off the vehicle when the fire broke out.
Six people, who received serious burn injuries, have been admitted to a medical facility, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional