UP: 14 die as van catches fire
Lucknow: At least fourteen people died in Uttar Pradesh`s Prabudhnagar district when the van they were travelling in caught fire after a gas leak in the vehicle, police said.
The incident took place at Kandhla on the Delhi-Saharanpur highway late Tuesday. The victims were returning from a marriage.
According to eyewitnesses, the driver jumped off the vehicle when the fire broke out.
Six people, who received serious burn injuries, have been admitted to a medical facility, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui