UP: 14-yr-old Dalit girl found beheaded
Saharanpur (UP): The body of a 14-year-old handicapped Dalit girl was Tuesday found with the head cut off in Jamalpur village in the district, police said today.
The victim had gone to collect grass from a nearby jungle yesterday afternoon but did not return till late last night, SP Ajay Shankar Rai said.
A search was conducted and the beheaded body was found today, the SP said.
Her body was sent for postmortem, Rai said, adding, complaint has been lodged and investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez