UP: 14-yr-old Dalit girl found beheaded
Saharanpur (UP): The body of a 14-year-old handicapped Dalit girl was Tuesday found with the head cut off in Jamalpur village in the district, police said today.
The victim had gone to collect grass from a nearby jungle yesterday afternoon but did not return till late last night, SP Ajay Shankar Rai said.
A search was conducted and the beheaded body was found today, the SP said.
Her body was sent for postmortem, Rai said, adding, complaint has been lodged and investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand