UP: 14-yr-old Dalit girl found beheaded
Saharanpur (UP): The body of a 14-year-old handicapped Dalit girl was Tuesday found with the head cut off in Jamalpur village in the district, police said today.
The victim had gone to collect grass from a nearby jungle yesterday afternoon but did not return till late last night, SP Ajay Shankar Rai said.
A search was conducted and the beheaded body was found today, the SP said.
Her body was sent for postmortem, Rai said, adding, complaint has been lodged and investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey continues crackdown, shuts dozens of media outlets
- Apple to rely on apps and services after disappointing sales
- Never revealed the name of Burari rape victim: DCW chief
- Why Dalits from Tamil Nadu's Karur are threatening to convert to Islam
- 'Dragon' is coming soon! Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor ready to roll