UP: 15 feared drowned in boat capsize
Etawah: As many as 15 people were today feared drowned as the boat in which they were crossing the Yamuna river capsized in Chakarnagar area, an official said.
The boat was carrying 22 people when it capsized, Circle Officer of Charnagar Rajbir Singh said, adding seven of them swam to safety.
They were returning home after taking part in a religious function, he said.
Senior Police Officials rushed to the spot and supervised efforts to trace the missing persons.
With release of water in the Yamuna in view of the ongoing Maha Kumbh in Allahabad, the level of the river has gone up. This has also damaged the Pantoon bridge on the river forcing people to use boat for crossing it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!