UP: 15 feared drowned in boat capsize
Etawah: As many as 15 people were today feared drowned as the boat in which they were crossing the Yamuna river capsized in Chakarnagar area, an official said.
The boat was carrying 22 people when it capsized, Circle Officer of Charnagar Rajbir Singh said, adding seven of them swam to safety.
They were returning home after taking part in a religious function, he said.
Senior Police Officials rushed to the spot and supervised efforts to trace the missing persons.
With release of water in the Yamuna in view of the ongoing Maha Kumbh in Allahabad, the level of the river has gone up. This has also damaged the Pantoon bridge on the river forcing people to use boat for crossing it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government
- Coalition warplanes pummel Islamic State in Syria bastion
- Pakistanis hit back as clerics say men can 'beat' wives
- BJP to fight UP polls on development plank, not Ram temple issue: Rajnath Singh