UP: 15 feared drowned in boat capsize
Etawah: As many as 15 people were today feared drowned as the boat in which they were crossing the Yamuna river capsized in Chakarnagar area, an official said.
The boat was carrying 22 people when it capsized, Circle Officer of Charnagar Rajbir Singh said, adding seven of them swam to safety.
They were returning home after taking part in a religious function, he said.
Senior Police Officials rushed to the spot and supervised efforts to trace the missing persons.
With release of water in the Yamuna in view of the ongoing Maha Kumbh in Allahabad, the level of the river has gone up. This has also damaged the Pantoon bridge on the river forcing people to use boat for crossing it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical