UP: 20 sentenced to life term for triple murder
Sultanpur: A local court here has
awarded life imprisonment to 20 people in a 15-year-old triple murder case.
Additional Sessions Judge Tej Bahadur yesterday held 20 people guilty in the murder of three officials of a private liquor company.
According to prosecution, Bhuvneshwar Singh, Rakesh
Singh and Devendra Singh, were killed on July 17, 1996, in
Arjunpur village under Lambua police station area.
The deceased were part of a team on a visit to the
village for checking illicit liquor sale when they were
attacked by 20 people. One member of the team had managed to
escape and later lodged an FIR in this connection.
A fine of Rs 30,000 each was also imposed by the court on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"