UP: 20 sentenced to life term for triple murder
Sultanpur: A local court here has
awarded life imprisonment to 20 people in a 15-year-old triple murder case.
Additional Sessions Judge Tej Bahadur yesterday held 20 people guilty in the murder of three officials of a private liquor company.
According to prosecution, Bhuvneshwar Singh, Rakesh
Singh and Devendra Singh, were killed on July 17, 1996, in
Arjunpur village under Lambua police station area.
The deceased were part of a team on a visit to the
village for checking illicit liquor sale when they were
attacked by 20 people. One member of the team had managed to
escape and later lodged an FIR in this connection.
A fine of Rs 30,000 each was also imposed by the court on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you