UP: 20 sentenced to life term for triple murder
Sultanpur: A local court here has
awarded life imprisonment to 20 people in a 15-year-old triple murder case.
Additional Sessions Judge Tej Bahadur yesterday held 20 people guilty in the murder of three officials of a private liquor company.
According to prosecution, Bhuvneshwar Singh, Rakesh
Singh and Devendra Singh, were killed on July 17, 1996, in
Arjunpur village under Lambua police station area.
The deceased were part of a team on a visit to the
village for checking illicit liquor sale when they were
attacked by 20 people. One member of the team had managed to
escape and later lodged an FIR in this connection.
A fine of Rs 30,000 each was also imposed by the court on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?