UP: 30 students hurt in accident
Lucknow: At least 30 school students were injured, 10 of them seriously, when their bus was hit by a speeding truck in Uttar Pradesh`s Kaushambhi district on Friday morning, police said.
The accident took place along the Allahabad-Kanpur highway in Saini town when the truck collided head-on with the bus of Little Flower Convent, carrying around 40 students.
"All the injured students and the bus driver are being treated in hospital. Of the 30 students, 10 have received serious injuries," police inspector RR Singh told reporters in Kaushambhi, some 250 km from Lucknow.
"The injured students are aged 8-13 years," he added.
The truck driver escaped soon after the accident.
"The truck driver is yet to be traced. Efforts are on to nab him," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened