UP: 30 students hurt in accident
Lucknow: At least 30 school students were injured, 10 of them seriously, when their bus was hit by a speeding truck in Uttar Pradesh`s Kaushambhi district on Friday morning, police said.
The accident took place along the Allahabad-Kanpur highway in Saini town when the truck collided head-on with the bus of Little Flower Convent, carrying around 40 students.
"All the injured students and the bus driver are being treated in hospital. Of the 30 students, 10 have received serious injuries," police inspector RR Singh told reporters in Kaushambhi, some 250 km from Lucknow.
"The injured students are aged 8-13 years," he added.
The truck driver escaped soon after the accident.
"The truck driver is yet to be traced. Efforts are on to nab him," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured