UP: 30 students hurt in accident
Lucknow: At least 30 school students were injured, 10 of them seriously, when their bus was hit by a speeding truck in Uttar Pradesh`s Kaushambhi district on Friday morning, police said.
The accident took place along the Allahabad-Kanpur highway in Saini town when the truck collided head-on with the bus of Little Flower Convent, carrying around 40 students.
"All the injured students and the bus driver are being treated in hospital. Of the 30 students, 10 have received serious injuries," police inspector RR Singh told reporters in Kaushambhi, some 250 km from Lucknow.
"The injured students are aged 8-13 years," he added.
The truck driver escaped soon after the accident.
"The truck driver is yet to be traced. Efforts are on to nab him," Singh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory