UP: 4 get life term for supplying synthetic mawa
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has convicted four persons and sentenced them to life imprisonment for supplying synthetic mawa here.
Additional District Sessions Judge Rameshchander while pronouncing the judgement yesterday also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on each of the accused identified as Gurmit, Rizwan, Rozuddin and Noruddin after holding them guilty.
According to the prosecution, police had arrested four accused and recovered synthetic mawa which they were carrying in a car on Khatima Panipat highway for supplying to Delhi and Punjab on November 5, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video