UP: 4 get life term for supplying synthetic mawa
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has convicted four persons and sentenced them to life imprisonment for supplying synthetic mawa here.
Additional District Sessions Judge Rameshchander while pronouncing the judgement yesterday also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on each of the accused identified as Gurmit, Rizwan, Rozuddin and Noruddin after holding them guilty.
According to the prosecution, police had arrested four accused and recovered synthetic mawa which they were carrying in a car on Khatima Panipat highway for supplying to Delhi and Punjab on November 5, 2007.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan