UP: 4 get life term for supplying synthetic mawa
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has convicted four persons and sentenced them to life imprisonment for supplying synthetic mawa here.
Additional District Sessions Judge Rameshchander while pronouncing the judgement yesterday also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on each of the accused identified as Gurmit, Rizwan, Rozuddin and Noruddin after holding them guilty.
According to the prosecution, police had arrested four accused and recovered synthetic mawa which they were carrying in a car on Khatima Panipat highway for supplying to Delhi and Punjab on November 5, 2007.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy