UP: 4 get life term for supplying synthetic mawa
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has convicted four persons and sentenced them to life imprisonment for supplying synthetic mawa here.
Additional District Sessions Judge Rameshchander while pronouncing the judgement yesterday also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on each of the accused identified as Gurmit, Rizwan, Rozuddin and Noruddin after holding them guilty.
According to the prosecution, police had arrested four accused and recovered synthetic mawa which they were carrying in a car on Khatima Panipat highway for supplying to Delhi and Punjab on November 5, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray