UP: 4 jail wardens suspended on gangrape charges
Lucknow: Four wardens of Farukkhabad district prison in Uttar Pradesh have been suspended after an inmate accused them of raping his wife on the jail premises, police said here on Sunday.
The four - Krishna Murari, Musharaf Ali, Ajay and Bikesh - were suspended yesterday.
The inmate alleged that on August 22, his wife came to meet him but the four took her to Ajay`s room and gangraped her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180