UP: 4 Pakistanis held for illegally crossing border
Maharajganj: Four Pakistani nationals, including two children, have been apprehended by Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) for illegally crossing over to Indian side through Indo-Nepal border at Sonauli in this district.
The SSB personnel stopped them at Indo-Nepal border yesterday and on checking they were found holding Pakistani passports but no Indian visa, Second Commandant (SSB) Arvind Kumar said today.
On being stopped at the border they had claimed that they belonged to Jammu and Kashmir and were coming from Kathmandu, he said.
They were identified as Alija (38), Mohammad Rafi Bhat (40), Suhek (12) and Noor (8).
In the wake of Hyderabad blasts, security agencies have stepped up vigil along the Indo-Nepal border to prevent any untoward incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez