UP: 4 Pakistanis held for illegally crossing border
Maharajganj: Four Pakistani nationals, including two children, have been apprehended by Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) for illegally crossing over to Indian side through Indo-Nepal border at Sonauli in this district.
The SSB personnel stopped them at Indo-Nepal border yesterday and on checking they were found holding Pakistani passports but no Indian visa, Second Commandant (SSB) Arvind Kumar said today.
On being stopped at the border they had claimed that they belonged to Jammu and Kashmir and were coming from Kathmandu, he said.
They were identified as Alija (38), Mohammad Rafi Bhat (40), Suhek (12) and Noor (8).
In the wake of Hyderabad blasts, security agencies have stepped up vigil along the Indo-Nepal border to prevent any untoward incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa