UP: 4 pilgrims killed, 61 injured in road accident
Barabanki: Four pilgrims were killed and 61 others injured when a tractor-trolley in which they were travelling overturned here, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place at Ramnagar area late last night when the pilgrims, hailing from Sitapur, were returning after attending `naag devta (snake God)` mela in Satrikh area.
Four children, aged between 10 and 16, died on the spot, police said.
Of the 61 injured, four were rushed to Lucknow Trauma centre, while the others were admitted to the district hospital.
In another accident, eight people were injured when a private bus, on way to Mumbai from Siddhartnagar, overturned at Asandra area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister