UP: 5 booked for misappropriating MGNREGS funds
Gonda (UP): An FIR has been lodged against
five officials in connection with the misuse of Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) funds
worth over Rs 1.50 crore here.
District Magistrate Ram Bahadur today said the FIR has
been lodged for spending Rs 1,52,28,546 on works, which is not
covered under the scheme, in Babhanjot block.
Orders have also been issued to realise the money from
them, the DM said.
A committee comprising of three executive engineers found
the charges as correct following which the FIR was lodged
yesterday at the Khodare police station, he said.
Those who have been named in the FIR are BDO Ramjit
Yadav, assistant development officer (panchayat) Rang Bahadur
Singh, assistant accountant Chandrika Prasad Jaiswal, work
in-charge Sunil Kumar Pandey and technical assistant Hiralal.
While the four officers have been placed under
suspension, the technical assistant has been dismissed from
service, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore