UP: 5 booked for misappropriating MGNREGS funds
Gonda (UP): An FIR has been lodged against
five officials in connection with the misuse of Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) funds
worth over Rs 1.50 crore here.
District Magistrate Ram Bahadur today said the FIR has
been lodged for spending Rs 1,52,28,546 on works, which is not
covered under the scheme, in Babhanjot block.
Orders have also been issued to realise the money from
them, the DM said.
A committee comprising of three executive engineers found
the charges as correct following which the FIR was lodged
yesterday at the Khodare police station, he said.
Those who have been named in the FIR are BDO Ramjit
Yadav, assistant development officer (panchayat) Rang Bahadur
Singh, assistant accountant Chandrika Prasad Jaiswal, work
in-charge Sunil Kumar Pandey and technical assistant Hiralal.
While the four officers have been placed under
suspension, the technical assistant has been dismissed from
service, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'