UP: 5 booked for misappropriating MGNREGS funds
Gonda (UP): An FIR has been lodged against
five officials in connection with the misuse of Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) funds
worth over Rs 1.50 crore here.
District Magistrate Ram Bahadur today said the FIR has
been lodged for spending Rs 1,52,28,546 on works, which is not
covered under the scheme, in Babhanjot block.
Orders have also been issued to realise the money from
them, the DM said.
A committee comprising of three executive engineers found
the charges as correct following which the FIR was lodged
yesterday at the Khodare police station, he said.
Those who have been named in the FIR are BDO Ramjit
Yadav, assistant development officer (panchayat) Rang Bahadur
Singh, assistant accountant Chandrika Prasad Jaiswal, work
in-charge Sunil Kumar Pandey and technical assistant Hiralal.
While the four officers have been placed under
suspension, the technical assistant has been dismissed from
service, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days