UP: 5 booked for misappropriating MGNREGS funds
Gonda (UP): An FIR has been lodged against
five officials in connection with the misuse of Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) funds
worth over Rs 1.50 crore here.
District Magistrate Ram Bahadur today said the FIR has
been lodged for spending Rs 1,52,28,546 on works, which is not
covered under the scheme, in Babhanjot block.
Orders have also been issued to realise the money from
them, the DM said.
A committee comprising of three executive engineers found
the charges as correct following which the FIR was lodged
yesterday at the Khodare police station, he said.
Those who have been named in the FIR are BDO Ramjit
Yadav, assistant development officer (panchayat) Rang Bahadur
Singh, assistant accountant Chandrika Prasad Jaiswal, work
in-charge Sunil Kumar Pandey and technical assistant Hiralal.
While the four officers have been placed under
suspension, the technical assistant has been dismissed from
service, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever