UP: 6 arrested, stolen idols worth crores recovere
Hardoi (UP): Six persons were arrested and three stolen "ashtdhatu" (eight mix metals)idols worth crores of rupees were recovered from a hut near Jalpaura canal culvert in Kasimpur area here, police said Thursday.
On a tip off, police raided the hut last night and arrested six persons from it, they said.
Three "ashtdhatu" idols of Lord Krishna and Radha said to be worth crore of rupees were also recovered from the hut last night after the raid, they said.
A stolen licenced rifle was also recovered from the accused, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh