According to village head Vivek Singh, stale food was allegedly served at the 'shraadh' ceremony of a villager's mother in Khagaiyan village yesterday.
Soon after consuming it, villagers complained of nausea, vomiting and stomach pain.
While 42 of them have been admitted to a primary health centre, 18 were immediately discharged. All are out of danger, hospital sources said.
Banda: Sixty persons fell sick allegedly after consuming stale food in Tindwari area here, police said on Thursday.
First Published: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 11:58