UP: 61.25 pc voting in Mant Assembly by-poll
Lucknow: A turnout of 61.25 per cent was on Tuesday recorded in the Mant Assembly bye-election in Mathura district, official sources said here.
"61.25 per cent voting was registered in Mant where bye-election has been necessitated due to resignation of RLD General Secretary Jayant Chaudhary, who opted to retain Mathura Lok Sabha seat, Uttar Pradesh Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha said.
Mant, where 14 candidates are in fray, witnessed a keen contest among ruling SP, RLD and Trinamool Congress nominees. Congress, which has alliance with RLD, has not contested. BSP and BJP too did not jump into the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'