UP: 61.25 pc voting in Mant Assembly by-poll
Lucknow: A turnout of 61.25 per cent was on Tuesday recorded in the Mant Assembly bye-election in Mathura district, official sources said here.
"61.25 per cent voting was registered in Mant where bye-election has been necessitated due to resignation of RLD General Secretary Jayant Chaudhary, who opted to retain Mathura Lok Sabha seat, Uttar Pradesh Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha said.
Mant, where 14 candidates are in fray, witnessed a keen contest among ruling SP, RLD and Trinamool Congress nominees. Congress, which has alliance with RLD, has not contested. BSP and BJP too did not jump into the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah