UP: 7 officials suspended for fault in construction of apartment
Lucknow: Seven officials, including an IAS officer, has been suspended for alleged faults in the construction of an apartment at Gomtinagar here during the previous BSP regime.
"On the directives of the Chief Minister, seven officers posted in the Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) at the time of the construction of River View Apartment have been suspended late yesterday night," a spokesman of the Housing Department said here.
The CM has asked Commissioner (Lucknow division) Kumar Kamlesh to conduct an inquiry to fix accountability of the suspended officials, he said.
Orders have been issued to blacklist the construction agency as well as the consultant involved in the project, he added.
Those suspended include the then LDA Secretary Mani Prasad Mishra (IAS), the then Chief Engineer SN Tripathi, the then Superintending Engineer RN Singh, town planner Ravi Jain and Junior Engineers Sunil Srivastava and Kailash Singh, said the spokesman.
The CM had recently visited the apartment and found a number of anomalies in its construction, including seepage of water in the basement, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh