UP: 7 officials suspended for fault in construction of apartment
Lucknow: Seven officials, including an IAS officer, has been suspended for alleged faults in the construction of an apartment at Gomtinagar here during the previous BSP regime.
"On the directives of the Chief Minister, seven officers posted in the Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) at the time of the construction of River View Apartment have been suspended late yesterday night," a spokesman of the Housing Department said here.
The CM has asked Commissioner (Lucknow division) Kumar Kamlesh to conduct an inquiry to fix accountability of the suspended officials, he said.
Orders have been issued to blacklist the construction agency as well as the consultant involved in the project, he added.
Those suspended include the then LDA Secretary Mani Prasad Mishra (IAS), the then Chief Engineer SN Tripathi, the then Superintending Engineer RN Singh, town planner Ravi Jain and Junior Engineers Sunil Srivastava and Kailash Singh, said the spokesman.
The CM had recently visited the apartment and found a number of anomalies in its construction, including seepage of water in the basement, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report