UP: 7 officials suspended for fault in construction of apartment
Lucknow: Seven officials, including an IAS officer, has been suspended for alleged faults in the construction of an apartment at Gomtinagar here during the previous BSP regime.
"On the directives of the Chief Minister, seven officers posted in the Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) at the time of the construction of River View Apartment have been suspended late yesterday night," a spokesman of the Housing Department said here.
The CM has asked Commissioner (Lucknow division) Kumar Kamlesh to conduct an inquiry to fix accountability of the suspended officials, he said.
Orders have been issued to blacklist the construction agency as well as the consultant involved in the project, he added.
Those suspended include the then LDA Secretary Mani Prasad Mishra (IAS), the then Chief Engineer SN Tripathi, the then Superintending Engineer RN Singh, town planner Ravi Jain and Junior Engineers Sunil Srivastava and Kailash Singh, said the spokesman.
The CM had recently visited the apartment and found a number of anomalies in its construction, including seepage of water in the basement, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick