UP: 72 bonded labourers freed in raid at brick kiln
Muzaffarnagar: Seventy-two bonded labourers were freed following a raid at a brick kiln at Bihari village in the neighbouring Baghpat district, police said Friday.
The labourers were rescued by a flying squad led by magistrate Vijay Gautam after a raid yesterday at property of Ved Pal, they said.
However, Pal claimed that he had paid the workers, they said.
All the labourers belonged to Muzaffarnagar`s Budhana Shahpur area, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...