UP: 72 bonded labourers freed in raid at brick kiln
Muzaffarnagar: Seventy-two bonded labourers were freed following a raid at a brick kiln at Bihari village in the neighbouring Baghpat district, police said Friday.
The labourers were rescued by a flying squad led by magistrate Vijay Gautam after a raid yesterday at property of Ved Pal, they said.
However, Pal claimed that he had paid the workers, they said.
All the labourers belonged to Muzaffarnagar`s Budhana Shahpur area, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years