UP: 72 bonded labourers freed in raid at brick kiln
Muzaffarnagar: Seventy-two bonded labourers were freed following a raid at a brick kiln at Bihari village in the neighbouring Baghpat district, police said Friday.
The labourers were rescued by a flying squad led by magistrate Vijay Gautam after a raid yesterday at property of Ved Pal, they said.
However, Pal claimed that he had paid the workers, they said.
All the labourers belonged to Muzaffarnagar`s Budhana Shahpur area, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review