UP: 72 bonded labourers freed in raid at brick kiln
Muzaffarnagar: Seventy-two bonded labourers were freed following a raid at a brick kiln at Bihari village in the neighbouring Baghpat district, police said Friday.
The labourers were rescued by a flying squad led by magistrate Vijay Gautam after a raid yesterday at property of Ved Pal, they said.
However, Pal claimed that he had paid the workers, they said.
All the labourers belonged to Muzaffarnagar`s Budhana Shahpur area, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA