UP: 72 bonded labourers freed in raid at brick kiln
Muzaffarnagar: Seventy-two bonded labourers were freed following a raid at a brick kiln at Bihari village in the neighbouring Baghpat district, police said Friday.
The labourers were rescued by a flying squad led by magistrate Vijay Gautam after a raid yesterday at property of Ved Pal, they said.
However, Pal claimed that he had paid the workers, they said.
All the labourers belonged to Muzaffarnagar`s Budhana Shahpur area, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery