UP: 9 Crime Branch officials suspended
Lucknow: Nine Crime Branch personnel were suspended and 21 sent to lines here for allegedly raiding a pan masala factory and threatening to frame its owner in a false case of selling banned tobacco products if he does not give them Rs 20 lakh, police said on Monday.
SSP J Ravinder Goud suspended the officers, including three Crime Branch sub-inspectors, late last night after complaint against the personnel was prima facie found to be true.
The pan masala trader, Om Narain Singh, had on May 11 approached ADG, Law and Order, Arun Kumar and alleged that Crime Branch sleuths had raided his factory on Kursi road and asked him to pay up Rs 20 lakh, failing which they would frame him for selling banned tobacco products, Goud said.
He had also alleged that the personnel took Rs 10 lakh from his factory, he said.
Taking note of the allegations, the SSP had set up an inquiry which found the personnel prima facie guilty, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das