UP ADG Arun Kumar removed
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government today removed ADG (Law and Order) Arun Kumar, who oversaw security arrangements in Muzaffarnagar after communal riots erupted.
Kumar had last week moved an application seeking permission from the state government to go on central deputation.
He has been replaced by Additional Director General of Police (GRP), Mukul Goel, a home department spokesman said.
Kumar has been attached with the DGP headquarters here, the spokesman said.
The ADG`s move to seek permission for going on central deputation had come amid reports of alleged political interference in police functioning during the riots.
He had also gone on leave for a personal visit out of the station but had later joined earlier this week.
Kumar had camped in Muzaffarnagar during the riots to personally monitor the situation. A total of 49 people were killed in the communal violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui