UP: Admin intervenes to get rape victim admitted to school
Bijnor (UP): The minor Dalit rape victim, who was denied admission by a village school here on a panchayat order, was finally granted admission following intervention by the district authorities.
Following furor over the incident, the administration also ordered suspension of the accused school Headmaster Khalid Husaain, officials said Saturday.
The girl, who was denied admission to the junior high school in Hafizabad Beharipur village here, was admitted yesterday evening following intervention by the Sub Divisional Magistrate, who said he would soon take up the matter with the Basic Education Officer.
Earlier, Husaain had alleged he was pressurised by the villagers for not admitting the minor girl, allegedly kidnapped and raped by four youths in April this year.
He had said the villagers had threatened to withdraw their wards from the school if the girl was given admission.
The villagers, in a panchayat held on Thursday, had held that the girl`s admission to the school would vitiate the atmosphere and their wards would be adversely affected in her company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan