UP: Admin intervenes to get rape victim admitted to school
Bijnor (UP): The minor Dalit rape victim, who was denied admission by a village school here on a panchayat order, was finally granted admission following intervention by the district authorities.
Following furor over the incident, the administration also ordered suspension of the accused school Headmaster Khalid Husaain, officials said Saturday.
The girl, who was denied admission to the junior high school in Hafizabad Beharipur village here, was admitted yesterday evening following intervention by the Sub Divisional Magistrate, who said he would soon take up the matter with the Basic Education Officer.
Earlier, Husaain had alleged he was pressurised by the villagers for not admitting the minor girl, allegedly kidnapped and raped by four youths in April this year.
He had said the villagers had threatened to withdraw their wards from the school if the girl was given admission.
The villagers, in a panchayat held on Thursday, had held that the girl`s admission to the school would vitiate the atmosphere and their wards would be adversely affected in her company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- LIVE: Indian Army destroys 7 terror launch pads across Line of Control