UP: Admin intervenes to get rape victim admitted to school
Bijnor (UP): The minor Dalit rape victim, who was denied admission by a village school here on a panchayat order, was finally granted admission following intervention by the district authorities.
Following furor over the incident, the administration also ordered suspension of the accused school Headmaster Khalid Husaain, officials said Saturday.
The girl, who was denied admission to the junior high school in Hafizabad Beharipur village here, was admitted yesterday evening following intervention by the Sub Divisional Magistrate, who said he would soon take up the matter with the Basic Education Officer.
Earlier, Husaain had alleged he was pressurised by the villagers for not admitting the minor girl, allegedly kidnapped and raped by four youths in April this year.
He had said the villagers had threatened to withdraw their wards from the school if the girl was given admission.
The villagers, in a panchayat held on Thursday, had held that the girl`s admission to the school would vitiate the atmosphere and their wards would be adversely affected in her company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...