UP: Admin intervenes to get rape victim admitted to school
Bijnor (UP): The minor dalit rape victim, who was denied admission by a village school here on a panchayat order, was finally granted admission following intervention by the district authorities.
Following furore over the incident, the administration also ordered suspension of the accused school Headmaster Khalid Husaain, officials said on Saturday.
The girl, who was denied admission to the junior high school in Hafizabad Beharipur village here, was admitted yesterday evening following intervention by the Sub Divisional Magistrate, who said he would soon take up the matter with the Basic Education Officer.
Earlier, Husaain had alleged he was pressurised by the villagers for not admitting the minor girl, allegedly kidnapped and raped by four youths in April this year.
He had said the villagers had threatened to withdraw their wards from the school if the girl was given admission.
The villagers, in a panchayat held on Thursday, had held that the girl`s admission to the school would vitiate the atmosphere and their wards would be adversely affected in her company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO