UP: Admin intervenes to get rape victim admitted to school
Bijnor (UP): The minor dalit rape victim, who was denied admission by a village school here on a panchayat order, was finally granted admission following intervention by the district authorities.
Following furore over the incident, the administration also ordered suspension of the accused school Headmaster Khalid Husaain, officials said on Saturday.
The girl, who was denied admission to the junior high school in Hafizabad Beharipur village here, was admitted yesterday evening following intervention by the Sub Divisional Magistrate, who said he would soon take up the matter with the Basic Education Officer.
Earlier, Husaain had alleged he was pressurised by the villagers for not admitting the minor girl, allegedly kidnapped and raped by four youths in April this year.
He had said the villagers had threatened to withdraw their wards from the school if the girl was given admission.
The villagers, in a panchayat held on Thursday, had held that the girl`s admission to the school would vitiate the atmosphere and their wards would be adversely affected in her company.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'