UP advocates to boycott office tomorrow
Bulandshahr: Angry over the police failure to arrest those involved in the murder of a lawyer, the advocates of Uttar Pradesh have decided to boycott work from Monday.
"The decision has been conveyed to me by President Bar Council of UP Arun Kumar," President of District Bar Association, Satendra Singh Raghav said.
Local court Advocate Iftikhar was gunned down on August 2 at Upper Kot by unknown assailants while he was returning home from work.
The police suspected the involvement of City Board member Rizwan Alias Gotar, his six brothers and two of his associates in the murder.
According to SSP Nilesh Kumar, against Rizwan 29 cases have been registered in Kotwali City here which includes six cases of murder.
A reward of Rs 5,000 on his head was initially announced by the police which has been increased to Rs 15,000 last night, SSP added.
Besides 12 police teams have been sent to neighbouring districts of Aligarh, Hathras, Meerut, Etah, Kasganj and Delhi to nab the accused.
The police have detained 25 members, including some women of Rizwan`s family, for interrogation in the matter, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’