UP advocates to boycott office tomorrow
Bulandshahr: Angry over the police failure to arrest those involved in the murder of a lawyer, the advocates of Uttar Pradesh have decided to boycott work from Monday.
"The decision has been conveyed to me by President Bar Council of UP Arun Kumar," President of District Bar Association, Satendra Singh Raghav said.
Local court Advocate Iftikhar was gunned down on August 2 at Upper Kot by unknown assailants while he was returning home from work.
The police suspected the involvement of City Board member Rizwan Alias Gotar, his six brothers and two of his associates in the murder.
According to SSP Nilesh Kumar, against Rizwan 29 cases have been registered in Kotwali City here which includes six cases of murder.
A reward of Rs 5,000 on his head was initially announced by the police which has been increased to Rs 15,000 last night, SSP added.
Besides 12 police teams have been sent to neighbouring districts of Aligarh, Hathras, Meerut, Etah, Kasganj and Delhi to nab the accused.
The police have detained 25 members, including some women of Rizwan`s family, for interrogation in the matter, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere