UP allocates Rs 7 crore for flood relief work
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has
allocated Rs seven crore for rescue and relief work in
flood-affected areas of the state.
"The state government has allocated Rs 7.07 crore to
supply and arrange relief material in flood-affected
districts," Relief Commission K K Sinha said.
He said the allocated amount would be given to Barabanki,
Pilibhit, Bahraich, Lakhimpur, Kannauj, Gonda, Kushinagar,
Jaunpur an Bijnor districts.
He said to distribute relief material and edibles to
people, flood outpost have been setup in all flood-affected
districts and areas.
"To check spread of water borne diseases teams of senior
doctor of health departments with ambulances have been
deployed," Sinha said.
He said people were being relocated in worst-hit areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best