UP allots land for AIIMS in Rae Bareli town
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has given his consent for allotment of land to set up an All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Rae Bareli town, officials said on Monday.
The state government had proposed 114 acres in Lalganj tehsil in Rae Bareli district but the central government asked for land in the town. Rae Bareli is the parliamentary constituency of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
The Chief Minister late Sunday gave an official nod for an AIIMS in Rae Bareli town, officials said.
At a recent meeting with the chief minister here, union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad had requested Akhilesh Yadav to consider Rae Bareli town for the AIIMS campus.
The Chief Minister said the decision to allot land in the city was taken so that people don`t face difficulties in reaching the institution.
The Chief Minister said that he had written to the union health and family welfare minister May 17, 2012 requesting him to also establish AIIMS campuses in Poorvanchal, Bundelkhand and Ruhelkhand regions.
He added that his government would allocate land on priority for setting up of more such institutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them