UP allots land for hotel mgnt institute announced by Rahul Gandhi
Lucknow: Three days after Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi announced an institute of hotel management in his Parliamentary constituency Amethi, the UP government on Monday paved way for the project and decided to give five acre land of the tourism department to it.
A slew of decisions were taken by the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet today, presided by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav here.
The Cabinet decided that the land, on a 99-year lease, would be provided in Jagdishpur area for setting up the institute with central assistance, an official spokesman said.
The Congress MP had made an announcement to this effect during a programme in Amethi during his visit on June 14.
The Cabinet also gave its nod for identifying land for the project to set up Taj International airport to boost tourism in Agra.
Besides, it also gave permission for upgrading and beautification of main roads leading to the Taj Mahal in Agra, the spokesman said.
With a view to attract private investment in medical education, the Cabinet also gave its nod for incentive scheme, he said.
In keeping with the election promise of the ruling Samajwadi Party, the Cabinet cleared the way for providing free treatment for heart, kidney, liver ailments as well as cancer to poor, the spokesman said.
For the benefit of farmers and increasing their agricultural production, the Cabinet decided to provide crop loans at low interest rate through PACS (Primary agricultural credit cooperative societies).
The Cabinet also reversed its December 21, 2011 order, in which it was decided that to repay the loans of National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC), New Delhi cold storages, which have been closed down, would be sold.
It was decided that 50 per cent of the required Rs 4707.92 lakhs would be raised through the budget and the remaining by mobilising resources from the available land of concerned cooperative societies of the cooperatives department.
The Cabinet also gave its approval for developing infrastructure for the thermal power plant in Lalitpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!