UP: Ancient idols stolen from temple
Faizabad: Unidentified thieves stole three ancient idols of Hindu deities, worth around Rs 1 crore in the international market, from the Devkaali temple here, police said on Saturday.
The incident came to light this morning when the priest opened the main door of Devkaali temple, they said.
The idols of Mahakali, Mahalaxmi and Mahasaraswati were made of mixed metal, police said adding, a case has been registered and efforts were underway to recover the idols.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi