UP: Ancient idols stolen from temple
Faizabad: Unidentified thieves stole three ancient idols of Hindu deities, worth around Rs 1 crore in the international market, from the Devkaali temple here, police said on Saturday.
The incident came to light this morning when the priest opened the main door of Devkaali temple, they said.
The idols of Mahakali, Mahalaxmi and Mahasaraswati were made of mixed metal, police said adding, a case has been registered and efforts were underway to recover the idols.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader