UP: Ancient idols stolen from temple
Faizabad: Unidentified thieves stole three ancient idols of Hindu deities, worth around Rs 1 crore in the international market, from the Devkaali temple here, police said on Saturday.
The incident came to light this morning when the priest opened the main door of Devkaali temple, they said.
The idols of Mahakali, Mahalaxmi and Mahasaraswati were made of mixed metal, police said adding, a case has been registered and efforts were underway to recover the idols.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video