UP: Ancient idols stolen from temple
Faizabad: Unidentified thieves stole three ancient idols of Hindu deities, worth around Rs 1 crore in the international market, from the Devkaali temple here, police said on Saturday.
The incident came to light this morning when the priest opened the main door of Devkaali temple, they said.
The idols of Mahakali, Mahalaxmi and Mahasaraswati were made of mixed metal, police said adding, a case has been registered and efforts were underway to recover the idols.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?