UP announces duty refunds on freight charges to exporters
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government will
give duty refunds of 25 per cent of freight charges to medium
industries sending their consignment from the state to gateway
port, an industry department spokesman said here on Monday.
"The state government has decided to give grant on
freight charges to exporters sending their goods to port
through trucks. An order in this regard has been issued by the
Industrial Development Department," he said.
This grant will be given at a rate of 25 per cent of the
freight charges or maximum Rs 5,000 per TEU, which ever is
less. An exporter will get a grant to the extent of maximum
Rs 10 lakh in a financial year, he said.
Till now the grant facility was being offered only to
small industries, he said.
The spokesman said that as per the order, the government
has decided to give grant to exporting unit on sending goods
through loose or part containers.
"This grant will be given with a condition that each
consignment is countersigned by the commercial tax department
before export," he said.
The spokesman said that to resolve issues related with
exporting units, a five-member committee headed by district
magistrate has been constituted in concerning districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash