UP announces Rs 1L comp for Nepal accident victims
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Government on Sunday announced a compensation of Rs one lakh each to the kin of the pilgrims from the state who died in an accident in Nepal when a bus skidded off a road and plunged into a flooded canal.
Condoling the death of the pilgrims, who hailed from the state`s Maharajganj district, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announced the financial assistance, an official said.
At least 39 pilgrims, mostly from Uttar Pradesh, were killed when the overcrowded bus carrying 100 to 120 Hindu pilgrims to a temple in Nawalparasi district in Nepal skidded off a slippery road and plunged into a flooded canal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'