UP announces Rs 1L comp for Nepal accident victims
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Government on Sunday announced a compensation of Rs one lakh each to the kin of the pilgrims from the state who died in an accident in Nepal when a bus skidded off a road and plunged into a flooded canal.
Condoling the death of the pilgrims, who hailed from the state`s Maharajganj district, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announced the financial assistance, an official said.
At least 39 pilgrims, mostly from Uttar Pradesh, were killed when the overcrowded bus carrying 100 to 120 Hindu pilgrims to a temple in Nawalparasi district in Nepal skidded off a slippery road and plunged into a flooded canal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal