UP asks vigilance dept to register case against ex-BSP minister
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has directed the vigilance department to register a case against former BSP minister Rakeshdhar Tripathi for allegedly owning assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The vigilance, after completing its preliminary inquiry, had sought permission from the UP government to lodge an FIR against Tripathi.
"The vigilance, which had held an open probe against the BSP leader, had sought permission in this regard," Secretary Home Rakesh said.
Tripathi, who was higher education minister in the BSP government, was facing inquiry from the vigilance following allegations that he possessed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Last month Tripathi had moved the Allahabad High Court challenging the vigilance probe but his plea was trashed.
Tripathi had also sought stay on his arrest in the eventuality of an FIR being registered against him following the Vigilance probe.
A division bench had rejected Tripathi`s plea saying there was no ground for the court to intervene in the matter at this stage.
Tripathi is a Lok Sabha candidate of BSP from Mirzapur constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!