UP Assembly adjourned after repeated disruptions
Lucknow: Uproar over dismal law and order situation and delay in announcement of sugarcane prices marred the proceedings of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly Monday with Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey adjourning the house for the day.
The din which began ever since the house assembled in the morning continued all through the day with the Speaker rushing through the agenda amidst sloganeering and protests by the BSP and RLD members in the well of the house.
Amidst the uproar, chief minister Akhilesh Yadav tabled the first supplementary budget worth a little over Rs 5,861 crore.
As soon as the House assembled, the BSP members holding placards and donning caps with anti-government slogans forced repeated adjournments of the house suspending the question hour.
Over continued protests by the BSP, parliamentary affairs minister, Azam Khan was heard telling the house that time was required by the present government to nab the criminals whose morale is very high because of the previous BSP government.
He said criminal elements in the BSP have become active in Mathura, Ghaziabad and Faizabad (places which have seen violence in the recent past) and were out to disturb law and order. He alleged that they (criminals) had gained strength in the previous government but they will be caught and sent to jail.
When the Speaker asked Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya to read his adjournment notice on law and order, BSP members returned to their seats but as the BJP members tried to raise a point of order they (BSP members) once again joined them in the well creating a ruckus.
Amidst the din, the women MLAs of the BJP tried to push the marshals to move to the Speaker`s podium but were pushed back and the house was again adjourned for ten minutes and then later for the day.
The BJP members continued to stage a sit in in the well of the house even after the house was adjourned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof