UP Assembly adjourned after repeated disruptions
Lucknow: Uproar over dismal law and order situation and delay in announcement of sugarcane prices marred the proceedings of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly Monday with Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey adjourning the house for the day.
The din which began ever since the house assembled in the morning continued all through the day with the Speaker rushing through the agenda amidst sloganeering and protests by the BSP and RLD members in the well of the house.
Amidst the uproar, chief minister Akhilesh Yadav tabled the first supplementary budget worth a little over Rs 5,861 crore.
As soon as the House assembled, the BSP members holding placards and donning caps with anti-government slogans forced repeated adjournments of the house suspending the question hour.
Over continued protests by the BSP, parliamentary affairs minister, Azam Khan was heard telling the house that time was required by the present government to nab the criminals whose morale is very high because of the previous BSP government.
He said criminal elements in the BSP have become active in Mathura, Ghaziabad and Faizabad (places which have seen violence in the recent past) and were out to disturb law and order. He alleged that they (criminals) had gained strength in the previous government but they will be caught and sent to jail.
When the Speaker asked Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya to read his adjournment notice on law and order, BSP members returned to their seats but as the BJP members tried to raise a point of order they (BSP members) once again joined them in the well creating a ruckus.
Amidst the din, the women MLAs of the BJP tried to push the marshals to move to the Speaker`s podium but were pushed back and the house was again adjourned for ten minutes and then later for the day.
The BJP members continued to stage a sit in in the well of the house even after the house was adjourned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Sensex drops 224 points; Nifty dips below 8,600-mark
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network