UP Assembly adjourned sine-die
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Assembly adjourned on Tuesday sine-die after a three-month long budget session in which a sitting of 21 days took place without any adjournment.
"This session, spanned over three months, was historic in which we saw a total sitting of 138 hours in 21 days, without any adjournment," Vidhan Sabha Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey said later.
During the session, 859 members took part in discussions on various topics like Governor`s address, budget, income- expenditure and other issues, Pandey said, thanking the opposition for playing a constructive role during the entire session.
Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya (BSP) said party supremo Mayawati had asked them not to rush into the well of the House when raising issues related to people`s problems during the proceedings.
"She should also be given credit for the smooth conduct of the House. Without oppositions` support, the House couldn`t run smoothly," Maurya said.
Congress member Pramod Tiwari, BJP leader Hukum Singh and Peace Party leader Ayub Khan also praised the efforts of the government in running the House.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said after a long gap, his government tried to restore the democratic tradition by helping run the House for such a long period spanning three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre