UP Assembly by-polls on Nov 20
New Delhi: Bye-elections to Nidhauli Kalan
and Lakhimpur Assembly constituencies in Uttar Pradesh will be
held on November 20, the Election Commission announced on Monday.
Both the seats have fallen vacant due to the deaths of
sitting Samajwadi Party MLAs.
According to the schedule announced by the EC, the
notification would be issued on October 23. Last date for
filing nominations is October 30 and scrutiny will be done the
following day. The last date for withdrawal of candidatures is
Counting of votes will take place on November 23.
The EC said that Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) would
be used to conduct the polls and the Model Code of Conduct
comes into force with immediate effect in the districts in
which the two constituencies fall.
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers
- Three detained for murder of Hindu tailor in Bangladesh
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains