UP Assembly Monsoon session starts tomorrow
Lucknow: With opposition parties deciding to corner the Uttar Pradesh government on the issues of law and order, land acquisition and corruption, the Monsoon session of the state Assembly, which begins on Friday, seemed all set to
start on a stormy note.
"The opposition has unitedly decided to corner the government on the issues of NRHM scam, murder of health officials, land acquisition, rapes and power supply," deputy leader of SP legislative party Ambika Chaudhary told reporters here.
Ahead of the Monsoon session, major opposition parties -- including Congress, SP and RLD -- held a joint meeting to chalk out a strategy. BJP did not attend the meeting.
Chaudhary said Chief Minister Mayawati was requested to extend the Monsoon session but it was not entertained.
"Raising all the problems of the state is not possible in five-six days, therefore it was requested that the session should be extended, but it seems that the government is not ready to face questions...There are apprehensions that the
government may curtail the session further for only three-four days," he said.
Leader of the Congress legislative party Pramod Tiwari said the opposition would try to raise at least two to three issues every day during the six-day session.
On BJP abstaining from the all-party meet, Tiwari said that the party has proved that it was with the government.
"Why inference should not be drawn that by not attending the all-party meet BJP has helped the ruling BSP?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill