UP Assembly session likely to be stormy
Lucknow: With the ruling BSP deciding to bring a proposal for dividing Uttar Pradesh into four parts and the Opposition Samajwadi Party (SP) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) planning to bring a no confidence motion, the state Assembly session beginning on Monday is expected to be stormy.
The Mayawati government has already announced that it will bring the proposal for division of the state in the coming session, a move which has been dubbed as an election stunt by the opposition parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims
- Strong typhoon Lionrock heads for Japan's northeast
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'