UP Assembly session to begin Wednesday
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Assembly session beginning on Wednesday is expected to be a stormy one with ruling and opposition parties making all out efforts to score political points over each other, specially in view of the coming General Elections.
Being this year`s first session, Governor BL Joshi will give a joint address to both houses providing the Samajwadi Party government with an opportunity to elaborate over its achievements.
The government would get another chance to woo the electorate through the supplmentary budget scheduled to be presented by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on February 21.
While the ruling party would be using every opportunity at its disposal to make popular announcements, the opposition would have the scope to highlight issues like law and order, communal tension, riots, corruption and farmers` plight among other issues to prove the failures of the SP government.
Opposition BSP has flayed the government for convening a short session ostensibly to keep its shortcomings under wraps and save themselves from criticism of the opposition.
BJP`s deputy leader Satish Mahana said that there are several issues on which the government would be attacked including law and order, discrimination in distributing compensation to Muzaffarnagar riot victims.
Mahana said his party would boycott Governor`s address as it would only be a "bundle of lies" listing achievements of the SP government.
Congress Legislature Party leader Pradip Mathur said his party would question the logic of bringing supplementary budget when it should have brought full fledged budget and would hammer the government on its failures on law and order, road, power, farmers specially plight of sugar cane farmers.
According to the agenda declared till February 28, the Chief Minister will present supplementary budget as state`s finance minister on February 21 while vote on account would be taken on February 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP