UP Assembly session to begin Wednesday
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Assembly session beginning on Wednesday is expected to be a stormy one with ruling and opposition parties making all out efforts to score political points over each other, specially in view of the coming General Elections.
Being this year`s first session, Governor BL Joshi will give a joint address to both houses providing the Samajwadi Party government with an opportunity to elaborate over its achievements.
The government would get another chance to woo the electorate through the supplmentary budget scheduled to be presented by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on February 21.
While the ruling party would be using every opportunity at its disposal to make popular announcements, the opposition would have the scope to highlight issues like law and order, communal tension, riots, corruption and farmers` plight among other issues to prove the failures of the SP government.
Opposition BSP has flayed the government for convening a short session ostensibly to keep its shortcomings under wraps and save themselves from criticism of the opposition.
BJP`s deputy leader Satish Mahana said that there are several issues on which the government would be attacked including law and order, discrimination in distributing compensation to Muzaffarnagar riot victims.
Mahana said his party would boycott Governor`s address as it would only be a "bundle of lies" listing achievements of the SP government.
Congress Legislature Party leader Pradip Mathur said his party would question the logic of bringing supplementary budget when it should have brought full fledged budget and would hammer the government on its failures on law and order, road, power, farmers specially plight of sugar cane farmers.
According to the agenda declared till February 28, the Chief Minister will present supplementary budget as state`s finance minister on February 21 while vote on account would be taken on February 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says