UP: Bajrang Dal threatens hindi film`s screening
Lucknow: The Bajrang Dal, a hardline Hindu organisation, has threatened to stall screening of soon-to-be released hindi film `Shudra` alleging its release could create chasm in Hindu society.
"From the trailers of the film, it seems its release may cause hatred and differences in Hindu society," Bajrang Dal leader Rakesh Verma said here on Saturday.
"We urge the Censor Board and also the UP government not to allow its screening or else the Bajrang Dal will stage demonstrations to stall film`s release," he said.
The Dal could approach the court in this regard, Verma said.
The film, produced and directed by Sanjiv Jaiswal, is slated for release on October 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed