UP: BJP calls for bandh, councillor`s wife missing
Meerut: The state unit of BJP on Monday called
for a bandh on July 13 to protest against the alleged failure
of the UP police to find party leader Brijesh Tyagi`s wife,
who went missing two weeks ago.
Almost every political party except BSP has promised
to participate in the bandh, a BJP spokesman said today.
Councillor Tyagi`s doctor wife Suman was allegedly
abducted near Machhra village on June 27, while she was on her
way to her clinic in Kithaur town in the district.
"We have given enough time to the police to solve this
case, but now we can`t wait any longer. We are calling for a
bandh on July 13 to protest against the failure of the police
to find any evidence related to the case," BJP MP Rajendra
Meanwhile, RLD workers took out a protest march from
Bachcha Park today and submitted a memorandum regarding the
case to the DIG.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!