UP: BJP calls for bandh, councillor`s wife missing
Meerut: The state unit of BJP on Monday called
for a bandh on July 13 to protest against the alleged failure
of the UP police to find party leader Brijesh Tyagi`s wife,
who went missing two weeks ago.
Almost every political party except BSP has promised
to participate in the bandh, a BJP spokesman said today.
Councillor Tyagi`s doctor wife Suman was allegedly
abducted near Machhra village on June 27, while she was on her
way to her clinic in Kithaur town in the district.
"We have given enough time to the police to solve this
case, but now we can`t wait any longer. We are calling for a
bandh on July 13 to protest against the failure of the police
to find any evidence related to the case," BJP MP Rajendra
Meanwhile, RLD workers took out a protest march from
Bachcha Park today and submitted a memorandum regarding the
case to the DIG.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand