UP: BJP calls for bandh, councillor`s wife missing
Meerut: The state unit of BJP on Monday called
for a bandh on July 13 to protest against the alleged failure
of the UP police to find party leader Brijesh Tyagi`s wife,
who went missing two weeks ago.
Almost every political party except BSP has promised
to participate in the bandh, a BJP spokesman said today.
Councillor Tyagi`s doctor wife Suman was allegedly
abducted near Machhra village on June 27, while she was on her
way to her clinic in Kithaur town in the district.
"We have given enough time to the police to solve this
case, but now we can`t wait any longer. We are calling for a
bandh on July 13 to protest against the failure of the police
to find any evidence related to the case," BJP MP Rajendra
Meanwhile, RLD workers took out a protest march from
Bachcha Park today and submitted a memorandum regarding the
case to the DIG.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today