UP: BJP expels 334 workers
Lucknow: Cracking the whip, BJP on Thursday expelled 334 workers, who have contested Uttar Pradesh urban local body elections as rebel candidates against the authorised nominees of the party.
"The party has expelled 334 workers, who contested corporation elections against our authorised candidates," BJP`s state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai told reporters here.
He said that the workers have been expelled for a period of six years.
"The party had already expelled 72 workers, who have contested elections for the post of chairmen and mayors, as rebels," Bajpai said.
He said that complaints against those, who opposed official candidates of the party were being reviewed and if proved then such people would also be expelled from the party.
On being asked about wrong selection of candidates at some places, the state president said that there were such reports from three to four districts.
"A review is being done and soon decision will be taken. During review, if it is found that injustice has been done to any expelled worker, he will be taken back on tendering apology," he said.
He said that maximum number of 76 workers have been expelled in Lucknow, followed by 55 in Kanpur, 46 in Merrut and 42 in Bareilly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan