UP: BJP MLA`s son killed in firing
Lucknow: The son of a sitting BJP MLA was on Tuesday killed and a private security guard injured in an exchange of fire between the two over a minor altercation in Kotwali area in Uttar Pradesh`s Gonda district, a senior police officer said here.
The incident occurred this afternoon when Gaurav Singh, son of BJP MLA from Katra Bazar, Bawan Singh, had gone to R N Pandey nursing home in the district in connection with some work, Inspector General of Police B P Singh told reporters here.
He said that Gaurav had an altercation with the guard of the nursing home, Suresh Kumar Pandey, over parking of his vehicle.
The quarrel turned ugly when both the parties exchanged fire in which Gaurav and Pandey were injured.
Both of them were rushed to a hospital, where Gaurav was declared brought dead, police said, adding the condition of Pandey was stated to be serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list