UP: BJP MLA`s son killed in firing
Lucknow: The son of a sitting BJP MLA was on Tuesday killed and a private security guard injured in an exchange of fire between the two over a minor altercation in Kotwali area in Uttar Pradesh`s Gonda district, a senior police officer said here.
The incident occurred this afternoon when Gaurav Singh, son of BJP MLA from Katra Bazar, Bawan Singh, had gone to R N Pandey nursing home in the district in connection with some work, Inspector General of Police B P Singh told reporters here.
He said that Gaurav had an altercation with the guard of the nursing home, Suresh Kumar Pandey, over parking of his vehicle.
The quarrel turned ugly when both the parties exchanged fire in which Gaurav and Pandey were injured.
Both of them were rushed to a hospital, where Gaurav was declared brought dead, police said, adding the condition of Pandey was stated to be serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed