UP: BJP to launch campaign against FDI, cane prices
Lucknow: BJP on Tuesday said that on the occasion of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s birthday on December 25, the party would launch a statewide campaign against FDI in retail and state advisory price of sugar cane.
"On Vajpayee`s birthday, we will launch a fortnight statewide awareness campaign on FDI and cane price in which we will reach to all the rural markets of Uttar Pradesh," BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai told reporters here.
The party would stage demonstrations in Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Shamli on December 13, 14 and 15 respectively on the support price of sugarcane announced by the state government.
Accusing the SP government of being "anti-farmer", Bajpai alleged that though the party had promised to set up a commission to fix cost of agriculture produce it has not been done so far.
"The government is confused right from selection of policies to implementation," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai