UP: BJP to launch campaign against FDI, cane prices
Lucknow: BJP on Tuesday said that on the occasion of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s birthday on December 25, the party would launch a statewide campaign against FDI in retail and state advisory price of sugar cane.
"On Vajpayee`s birthday, we will launch a fortnight statewide awareness campaign on FDI and cane price in which we will reach to all the rural markets of Uttar Pradesh," BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai told reporters here.
The party would stage demonstrations in Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Shamli on December 13, 14 and 15 respectively on the support price of sugarcane announced by the state government.
Accusing the SP government of being "anti-farmer", Bajpai alleged that though the party had promised to set up a commission to fix cost of agriculture produce it has not been done so far.
"The government is confused right from selection of policies to implementation," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui