UP: BJP to launch campaign against FDI, cane prices
Lucknow: BJP on Tuesday said that on the occasion of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s birthday on December 25, the party would launch a statewide campaign against FDI in retail and state advisory price of sugar cane.
"On Vajpayee`s birthday, we will launch a fortnight statewide awareness campaign on FDI and cane price in which we will reach to all the rural markets of Uttar Pradesh," BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai told reporters here.
The party would stage demonstrations in Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Shamli on December 13, 14 and 15 respectively on the support price of sugarcane announced by the state government.
Accusing the SP government of being "anti-farmer", Bajpai alleged that though the party had promised to set up a commission to fix cost of agriculture produce it has not been done so far.
"The government is confused right from selection of policies to implementation," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details