UP: BJP to launch campaign against FDI, cane prices
Lucknow: BJP on Tuesday said that on the occasion of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s birthday on December 25, the party would launch a statewide campaign against FDI in retail and state advisory price of sugar cane.
"On Vajpayee`s birthday, we will launch a fortnight statewide awareness campaign on FDI and cane price in which we will reach to all the rural markets of Uttar Pradesh," BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai told reporters here.
The party would stage demonstrations in Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Shamli on December 13, 14 and 15 respectively on the support price of sugarcane announced by the state government.
Accusing the SP government of being "anti-farmer", Bajpai alleged that though the party had promised to set up a commission to fix cost of agriculture produce it has not been done so far.
"The government is confused right from selection of policies to implementation," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued