UP: BJP to launch campaign against FDI, cane prices
Lucknow: BJP on Tuesday said that on the occasion of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s birthday on December 25, the party would launch a statewide campaign against FDI in retail and state advisory price of sugar cane.
"On Vajpayee`s birthday, we will launch a fortnight statewide awareness campaign on FDI and cane price in which we will reach to all the rural markets of Uttar Pradesh," BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai told reporters here.
The party would stage demonstrations in Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Shamli on December 13, 14 and 15 respectively on the support price of sugarcane announced by the state government.
Accusing the SP government of being "anti-farmer", Bajpai alleged that though the party had promised to set up a commission to fix cost of agriculture produce it has not been done so far.
"The government is confused right from selection of policies to implementation," he alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference