UP BJP women wing chief passes away
Kanpur: President of women`s wing of the
BJP in Uttar Pradesh and former Mayor of Kanpur Municipal
Corporation (MC) Sarla Singh died today after prolonged
illness, corporation sources said.
Singh (57) is survived by two sons.
She served as Mayor of Kanpur MC from 1996 to 2000.
Ravindra Patni, Mayor of Kanpur, said that Singh was
always active in any protest organised by the party in the
She had been ill for some time and breathed last this
morning, he said.
Municipal Corporation of Kanpur remained closed today to
pay respect to her.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani