UP Budget 2012: Akhilesh imposes no new tax
Lucknow: Amidst uproar and walkout by BSP, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday presented his maiden state Budget for 2012-13 with no new tax and a provision of Rs 500 crore for waving farm loans.
It also provides for unemployment allowance and giving laptops to school students.
For the first time, the state`s Budget size has crossed the figure of Rs 2 lakh crore.
It has projected a deficit of Rs 21,570.26 crore in the Budget while estimating total receipts of Rs 1,94,327.28 crore this fiscal. The total Budget size is Rs 2,00,110.61 crore.
The Budget puts revenue receipts at Rs 1,58,847.86 crore and capital receipts of Rs 35,479.32 crore.
Presenting the Budget, based on the promises made in SP`s manifesto, Yadav said that a provision of Rs 1,100 crore has been made for unemployment allowance to be given to people in the age group of 30-40 years.
For providing free laptops and tablets to high school and intermediate pass students a provision of Rs 2,721.24 crore has been made.
Announcing the relaunch of Kanya Vidyadhan Scheme, scrapped during the BSP regime, the SP government has made a provision of 446 crore.
A separate provision of Rs 500 crore has been made for loan waiver of farmers promised by the party in its manifesto.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed